Shayan has been in the biotech and healthcare industry for several years with three years focused on IVD and companion diagnostics. He joined NAMSA in September 2021 as a Senior Project Manager where he serves as a key liaison in scoping proposals and managing global clinical and regulatory consulting projects for various IVD industry Clients.
Prior to NAMSA, he worked as a Project Manager in the Global Medical Affairs team at Roche Tissue Diagnostics where he managed various types of projects, including advanced staining and companion diagnostics activities such as clinical studies, publications, educational training, and content development focused on oncology biomarkers and assays such as PD-L1 (breast and lung), MMR and CLDN18 (GI) and pan-TRK (pan tumor).
Shayan also spent a short period working as Lead Project Manager for a preclinical phase medical device start-up, Diomics Corporation, where he led the coordination of projects and helped the company strategize to develop their product portfolio. He has additional healthcare and clinical research experience working with different types of physicians and medical professionals in various settings.
Shayan is a highly motivated and passionate individual with Bachelors and Masters Degrees in Biomedical Engineering. He completed his undergrad at the University of Arizona, and his graduate program at Boston University.
- Project management
- Cross-functional team leadership
- Biotechnology (medical devices/diagnostics)
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal and relationship skills
- Excellent communication
- Rational judgement and decision making
- Risk mitigation and conflict resolution
- Analytical problem solving
- Provided project management support for a large global industry leader in IVD and life sciences consisting of 15+ projects; projects were primarily focused on providing clinical, data management, database development and biostatistics services.
- Project management support for post-EUA COVID panel test, including regulatory submission and clinical studies.