Adam Kopel has 9 years of preclinical experience. He has been part of NAMSA since 2021 via its acquisition of American Preclinical Services (APS). Mr. Kopel started as a Surgical Technician in August 2015 and, through years of hands-on experience and training, has moved up to his current position as Interventional and Surgical Assistant. He earned his Associate of Applied Science degree in Veterinary Technology in 2012. Mr. Kopel has over 6 years of experience preparing models for surgery, monitoring anesthesia during procedure and recovering models post-procedure. He also provides on-going training to staff in procedure prep, anesthetic monitoring and recovery.
- Perfusionist for full and partial bypass procedures involving cardiac valve replacements/repair and grafts
- Operation of BARD Electrophysiology (EP) Recording System
- Vascular imaging including Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS) and Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
- Defibrillation devices
- Thrombogenicity studies in both anticoagulated and non-anticoagulated models
- Wound healing treatments/devices including: gel, foam, adhesive
- Ablation procedures including thigh and cardiac ablations