Jian Cheng has been working in the medical device industry for 9 years, with a rich understanding of project management for both research and development (R&D) and clinical operations. He has previous experience working as a project manager for the full lifecycle of three (3) different Class III medical devices. His responsibilities ranged from product development and clinical study management to National Medical Products Administration (NMPA) submission, including both active and inactive medical devices. In his current role as a Clinical Study Manager, Jian has successfully completed full clinical trials for three (3) medical devices in the field of cardiology, ophthalmic and respiratory.
Jian received his Bachelor Degree in Materials Science and Engineering from Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai, China) in 2010 and his Master Degree in Biomedical Engineering from Peking University (Beijing, China) in 2013.
- Managing full clinical trials for medical devices, including protocol development, site selection, start up, routine monitor and site close-out
- Understanding medical device-related regulations with product development and clinical studies in China
- Project management, including planning, resource management, implementation and communications
- Proficiency with R&D, verification and validation, regulatory and clinical
- Therapeutic expertise with cardiology-electrophysiology (pacemakers), ophthalmic-contact lens lubricant, oncology-lung cancer and stomatology-bone graft